Senior Business Analyst
Date: May 4, 2013
Location: Halifax, NS, CA
Req ID 3219 - Posted 05/01/2013 - Posting Location (1) - Job Province / State (1) - Job City (1) - Information Technology - Bell Corporate
Bell is a truly Canadian company with a 132-year track record of success. We are defined by the passion of our team members and their belief in our company’s vast potential.
To ensure we continue to be recognized as Canada’s leading communications company, we’re committed to finding and developing the next generation of leaders. This means creating best-in-class career and development opportunities for our employees.
If you’re passionate, driven and find yourself seeking interesting work, new challenges and continuous learning opportunities, then we want you to join our team.
Bell Business Markets provides a vast array of communications solutions for small, medium, and large organizations. These include managed data and network solutions, cloud computing, conferencing, Web, security solutions and integrated information and communications technology (ICT) services.
The Bell Business Markets, Atlantic Professional Services team provides consulting services to public and private sector clients across Atlantic Canada. Utilizing industry best practices and standard methodologies, our regional team of experts provides professional services to major vertical markets including government, healthcare, and human services. Our multi-disciplined team offers consulting, systems development, systems integration and application support that enables our clients to make critical decisions that drive their business goals.
Bell Business Markets Atlantic Professional Services team has an immediate requirement for a Senior Business Analyst to join its team of professional consultants in Halifax, Nova Scotia,
As the Senior Business Analyst, you will act as the main point of contact for the project team in interaction with the client on business requirements and work closely with the project team to recommend and deliver solutions to meet those requirements. You will accomplish this through research and analysis and by defining, documenting, testing and implementing the IT solution. Depending on the solution being delivered, you may be involved with multiple systems. You will take a lead role in evolving and enhancing the client relationship to become the client’s trusted business advisor. You will participate significantly in the pursuit and development of new business opportunities within current and new business markets.
* Work closely with client business representatives to develop an understanding of, and to document business requirements and processes
* Create business, process, data and workflow models as required
* Analyze and report on gaps between the current state business problems and future state solutions
* Organize, facilitate/lead and participate in business workshops with stakeholder groups
* Assist with the development of Change Management plans
* Assist with the development and delivery of training materials
* Create business cases and perform market scans on behalf of our clients
* Participate in the development of solutions, strategies and plans for implementing solutions to meet user requirements
* Plan and execute and support User Acceptance Testing
* Experience and proven ability to capture business needs and requirements for complex software development and systems integration based projects
* Experience with the capture of structured requirements and with business modeling techniques and tools
* Proficiency with leading senior client subject matter experts and front line staff through workshops and one-on-one meetings
* Understanding of and experience in applying change management practices within a project environment
* Ability to lead and mentor junior resources
* Ability to construct and execute User Acceptance Test plans
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Administration (or equivalent) with a minimum of 8 years relevant professional business experience in the analysis and design of complex business processes and computer system deployments
* Solid interpersonal skills with the proven ability to work in client environments
* Demonstrated team skills and experience working with client teams
* Professional Networking
* Excellent communication skills
* Self directed
* Team building/team leadership
* Decision making abilities
* Planning and organizing skills
* Flexible and adaptable to a changing environment
* Problem solving skills
* Quality focus
If you are passionate about challenge and achievement, committed to the relentless pursuit of client satisfaction, and are ready for a career with a dynamic organization in an environment that fosters professional development and career growth, consider a career with Bell.
*LI-EH #Feature BCE:WKP
Position Type: Management
Position Level: CP3
Job Location: Canada : Nova Scotia : Halifax
Application Deadline: 05/31/2013
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
Bell has a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunity employer.
Created: Canada, Nova Scotia, Halifax
We noticed that you are already a member of our Talent Community. Please enter your password to continue.
We noticed that you already started to apply for a job in our system. Please enter your password to continue.
Already a Member
You are already a user of this site. Please sign in.