Grad Leadership Program 2015, Field Services, Montreal
Date: Aug 25, 2014
Location: Montreal, QC, CA
Req ID 55632 - Posted 08/25/2014 - Posting Location (1) - Job Province / State (1) - Job City (1) - Student & Grad - Bell Campus
Bell is a truly Canadian company with over 134 years of success. We are defined by the passion of our team members and their belief in our company’s vast potential.
To ensure we continue to be recognized as Canada’s leading communications company, we’re committed to finding and developing the next generation of leaders. This means creating best-in-class career and development opportunities for our employees.
If you’re passionate, driven and find yourself seeking interesting work, new challenges and continuous learning opportunities, then we want you to join our team.
Using innovative operational theory, tools and techniques, the Field team ensures that the right technician with the right skill set arrives at our residential and business customer’s premises on time, every time. We are committed to ensure that Bell's network, products and services are of the highest standard. The Field Services team thrives on providing installation and repair services for business and residential customers using the latest technology, including Fibre, Optical Ethernet, IPVPN.
Are you looking for an exciting challenge after graduation? Do you want to map out your own career path and work in the rapidly evolving telecommunications industry?
If you are a recent grad or graduating student who is passionate about driving change, this is your opportunity to join Canada’s largest communications company.
With our program, you get the opportunity to experience different facets of our business by rotating through a variety of jobs. The rotations will allow you to gain broader knowledge and experience of the industry and enable you to develop your leadership skills.
About our team:
With a strong market share in every line of business, we offer Canada’s best communications products and services on the best networks for residential and business customers. The Field Services team delivers everything from basic home phone service to emerging technologies such as Bell Fibe TV and Bell Fibe Internet. Leveraging leading edge management practices, our GLP leaders work with the Field Services team to deliver the best customer experience on time, every time. If you are passionate about operational excellence and providing a great customer experience, the Field Services team is the place for you.
How the program works:
We are looking to develop the next generation of leaders for our team through the Field Services Graduate Leadership Program. This intensive and hands-on three-year career path is tailored to each individual and developed with your talents and interests in mind. You will experience four rotations that span the core areas of our business, including forecasting and planning, internal and field operations, fleet operations, project delivery and strategic planning.
All new grads in the program will experience 3 rotations within the first 27 months:
* Forecasting Manager: Develop and integrate capacity models to effectively balance our workload
* Field Operations Manager: Supervise, coach and train your own team of field technicians
* Control Centre Manager: Manage and coach the internal resolution teams that support our field technicians
Followed by a 9 month rotation in one of the following areas:
* Operations Process Analyst: Apply process improvement methodology to existing work processes to improve efficiency and productivity
* Project Management and Delivery Analyst: Take the lead and manage projects that will have a direct impact on the customer experience
* Test Center Manager: Manage and coach a team responsible to validate and activate services for residential and business customers
* Business Provisioning Manager: Manage and coach team members who are responsible to activate broadband and IP services for large customers
* Strategic Planner: Actively contribute to the strategic planning process
* When you complete the program, you will have an in-depth understanding of Field Services, with the necessary tools and experiences to take on a management position.
What’s in it for you:
* A thorough introduction to the fundamentals of the telecommunications industry, Bell and the principles of leadership through a four-week orientation to prepare you for success
* An opportunity to apply your analytical, problem-solving and leadership skills to real, customer-facing challenges
* Insight into your strengths and interests to help you make the right decision when choosing a permanent job placement.
* Continued development through monthly coaching and/or training sessions
* An assigned mentor from the Bell senior leadership team
* Networking events to foster professional relationships
* For the engineering graduates in this multi-disciplinary program; be supported towards obtaining your engineering license
What our new grad leaders have to say:
“I experienced four different jobs in three years which enabled me to use the technical skills and structured thinking strategy I acquired in university. There are a lot of learning opportunities at Bell, and helpful colleagues who can assist you.”
“The initial one-month training was the perfect opportunity for me to learn the business and familiarize myself with Bell. Other amazing opportunities: networking with various leaders and a day spent with a technician on the job.”
* A Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, operations research, computer science, or math/statistics completed within 12 months before the program start date
* Demonstrated initiative, leadership and a passion for learning new skills
* Interest in driving change and taking on new challenges
* Demonstrated ability to learn quickly
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
* Experience in team management-type activities is a plus (sports team coach, camp monitor, restaurant / retail management, etc)
* Flexibility to work in different locations within the Greater Toronto Area or within the Montréal area
* A valid, permanent driver’s license (G class in Ontario)
* Knowledge of, or experience with unionized environments is a bonus
* Bilingual (English/French) is an asset in Ontario, and a requirement in Québec
* Apply through your school’s career services, AND on the Bell careers page: http://bit.ly/XlKtuG
* You must submit a cover letter, resume, and most recent transcripts (unofficial accepted) to be considered.
* Do not apply for the same job in multiple locations.
* Focus your efforts and apply to a maximum of 2 Bell postings that match your skills and interests.
Position Type: Management
Position Level: CP2
Job Location: Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Application Deadline: 09/29/2014
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
Bell is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Created: Canada, Quebec, Montreal
We noticed that you are already a member of our Talent Community. Please enter your password to continue.
We noticed that you already started to apply for a job in our system. Please enter your password to continue.
Already a Member
You are already a user of this site. Please sign in.
Start Your Application
Create a new account now!
* required field