Date: Feb 15, 2014
Location: Montreal, QC, CA
Req ID 37611 - Posted 03/06/2014 - Posting Location (1) - Job Province / State (1) - Job City (1) - Engineering & Network - Bell Corporate
Bell is a truly Canadian company with over 130 years of success. We are defined by the passion of our team members and their belief in our company’s vast potential.
To ensure we continue to be recognized as Canada’s leading communications company, we’re committed to finding and developing the next generation of leaders. This means creating best-in-class career and development opportunities for our employees.
If you’re passionate, driven and find yourself seeking interesting work, new challenges and continuous learning opportunities, then we want you to join our team.
Our Network team plans, designs, builds and operates Bell’s multi-billion dollar networks, including the continued expansion of our fibre optic network, HSPA+ and LTE — Canada’s largest and fastest wireless network.
The service we provide is the foundation of Bell’s competitive advantage and a critical step towards achieving Bell’s goal to be recognized by customers as Canada’s leading communications company.
The security specialist must work within and comprehend the Bell Canada security operating environments. The specific focus of the position requires knowledge for the management of all operational applications, processes and technological capabilities required to support the managed security deliverables within all secure operating centers.
The incumbent is required to understand each of the managed customer contracted requirements as it relates to operational performance and deliverables, the respective internal infrastructure and inter-networking relationships as well as the required security operating practices as defined by the contracts.
The position is within regular office work hours, with availability (pager), on rotation, to ensure the operational capacity of the service 24/7. The role, as required, must also be capable to work on call within a response team in the event of a security incident to conduct special investigations of a judicial and restorative nature.
* Review and interpret alerts and provide diagnostics during incident management and analysis to support clients.
* Perform comparative analysis on results collected against threats, vulnerabilities and other malicious technological programs launched through the internet.
* Based on the nature of the security threat, assess and establish mitigation steps to ensure appropriate treatment as well as ensure notification of the customer and management as appropriate.
* Proactively manage all perimeter security equipment, intrusion detection and prevention systems, information event management systems (SIEM), data correlation tools and/or system components as may be required to interrupt or affect the above threat.
* Configure, implement, manage and maintain security devices as well as provide general knowledge and recommendations for security best practices.
* Receive customer requests. Participate in new customer and services integration. Prepare implementation of services.
* Develop, maintain and update documentation associated to production releases.
* Adhere to best practices for security management.
* Completion of University or College program in Computer Science; or 5 years of equivalent industry experience in the information systems field.
* Proven experience in the design, implementation and troubleshooting of operational security solutions.
* Proven experience in the implementation, daily management and troubleshooting of firewalls of multiple vendors.
* Proven experience in the daily management and troubleshooting of the intrusion prevention systems (IPS).
* Experience translating complex and ambiguous problems into actionable components.
* Excellent communication and presentation skills.
* Self starter with excellent organization and interpersonal skills.
* Excellent communication skills in both English and French (written and spoken)
* Knowledge of NIST, ISO 27001, ITIL, SAS70 (or 5970) and/or other compliance frameworks;
* Understanding of mitigating controls at the systems, network, and application level (VPN, Firewalls, Intrusion detection and prevention, security information event management systems (SIEM), server hardening and encryption technologies).
* Experience with tools used for Security (Arcsight, Tuffin, Provider1)
* Thorough knowledge of security information events management (SIEM) and server hardening and encryption.
* Experience in building UseCases within Arcsight or Nitro.
Position Type: Management
Position Level: CP2
Job Location: Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Application Deadline: 02/28/2014
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
Bell has a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunity employer.
Created: Canada, Quebec, Montreal
We noticed that you are already a member of our Talent Community. Please enter your password to continue.
We noticed that you already started to apply for a job in our system. Please enter your password to continue.
Already a Member
You are already a user of this site. Please sign in.