UNIX Systems Administrator Level 3
Date: Feb 19, 2014
Location: Montreal, QC, CA
Req ID 37571 - Posted 02/19/2014 - Posting Location (1) - Job Province / State (1) - Job City (1) - Engineering & Network - Bell Corporate
Bell is a truly Canadian company with over 130 years of success. We are defined by the passion of our team members and their belief in our company’s vast potential.
To ensure we continue to be recognized as Canada’s leading communications company, we’re committed to finding and developing the next generation of leaders. This means creating best-in-class career and development opportunities for our employees.
If you’re passionate, driven and find yourself seeking interesting work, new challenges and continuous learning opportunities, then we want you to join our team.
Our Network team plans, designs, builds and operates Bell’s multi-billion dollar networks, including the continued expansion of our fibre optic network, HSPA+ and LTE — Canada’s largest and fastest wireless network.
The service we provide is the foundation of Bell’s competitive advantage and a critical step towards achieving Bell’s goal to be recognized by customers as Canada’s leading communications company.
The UNIX System Administrator will report to the system admin manager. He has the responsibility to manage and maintain the architecture of internal or external customer with Linux and Unix systems outsourced to Bell Canada. This is an operational position (Level 3 - UNIX Admin). He will be responsible to provide ongoing support on different environment.
* Provide daily support on problems and changes by using management tools available;
* Manage technical infrastructures from and internal and multi-client perspective;
* Follow the existing processes based on ITIL ;
* Incident management
* Problem management
* Change and Release management
* Knowledge Management
* Capacity Management
* Security and Vulnerability Management
* Provide technical leaderships to L2 resources and support the Senior Advisors;
* Ensure that our technical standard and best practice are followed.
* Produce and revise documentation of managed systems.
* Analyze system vulnerabilities and provide recommendations for remediation plans;
* Manage system capacity and performance;
* Availability to provide 7 / 24 support on duty pager rotation.
* University diploma / degree or equivalent .
* Minimum of 10 years of experience as a System administrator on production environments
* Knowledge on Linux and Unix (RedHat, SLES, Solaris).
* Indept knowledge of Apache, DNS, DHCP.
* Knowledge on SQL ,Net Backup, OSB, Prostgres, Oracle.
* Knowledge on Networking concept.
* Knowledge on Security concept (hardening).
* Knowledge in HP servers and enclosures.
* Knowledge on managing SAN environment .
* Knowledge on VMware can be useful.
* Customer oriented
* Efficient under pressure
* Team player
* Analytic mindset
* Problem resolution
Position Type: Management
Position Level: CP2
Job Location: Canada : Quebec : Verdun
Application Deadline: 03/10/2014
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
Bell has a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunity employer.
Created: Canada, Quebec, Montreal
We noticed that you are already a member of our Talent Community. Please enter your password to continue.
We noticed that you already started to apply for a job in our system. Please enter your password to continue.
Already a Member
You are already a user of this site. Please sign in.