Senior Security Consultant
Date: Apr 5, 2014
Location: Ottawa, ON, CA
Req ID 21009 - Posted 04/04/2014 - Posting Location (1) - Job Province / State (1) - Job City (1) - Information Technology - Bell Corporate
Bell is a truly Canadian company with a 132-year track record of success. We are defined by the passion of our team members and their belief in our company’s vast potential.
To ensure we continue to be recognized as Canada’s leading communications company, we’re committed to finding and developing the next generation of leaders. This means creating best-in-class career and development opportunities for our employees.
If you’re passionate, driven and find yourself seeking interesting work, new challenges and continuous learning opportunities, then we want you to join our team.
Bell Business Markets provides a vast array of communications solutions for small, medium, and large organizations. These include managed data and network solutions, cloud computing, conferencing, Web, security solutions and integrated information and communications technology (ICT) services.
The Bell Business Markets (BBM) Professional Services delivery team is the consulting arm of Bell Canada Enterprise responsible for the design, execution and implementation of solutions for the Enterprise customer market.
The continued growth and success of this consulting team in the marketplace is directly attributed to the expertise and the professionalism of its staff, the trust and confidence of its technology partners and the unrelenting demands it places on itself in pursuit of that most important determining attribute - Customer Satisfaction. As we continue to grow, we are seeking more people with the same sense of responsibility to the customer, respect for the individual and drive for personal growth as the current team exemplifies.
Our Professional Services delivery team has an immediate need for a Senior Security Consultant.
The successful candidate will mainly be responsible for the delivering security consultation engagements and security solutions in medium to large Enterprise environments. Drawing on both technical and business integration acumen, there is the opportunity to interact with and manage relations between both clients and Bell Canada staff. This role requires the hands-on architecture, design and deployment of projects with project teams of varying sizes. In addition, the candidate will be responsible in developing the Bell’s security practice in the identified region.
The candidate responsibilities will include:
* Acting as a team leader for the identified region in regards to the delivery of security solutions and engagements.
* Acting as a senior consultant in regards to developing and delivering strategic consultation engagements.
* Growing the region footprint in regards to security.
* Recruiting top security talent in the region to support security funnel and opportunities.
* Developing security initiatives and offerings for security consultation with a focus on strategic and complex security offers and solutions.
* Defining customer requirements, architecture and design for Security Solutions with a focus on Identity Management solutions and/or Infrastructure Protection solutions i.e. Firewalls, VPNs, VOIP, Intrusion prevention/detection, Access controls, Perimeter security, Secure content including Network Access Control (NAC), Data Loss Prevention (DLP), Security Information and Event Management (SIEM), etc.
* Delivering security consultation and solutions engagements
* Approving vendor choices and establishing product / vendor selection criteria.
* Mentoring and coaching security staff in the delivery of new technologies and consultation mandates.
* Contributing to continuous growth of the Security Solutions practice through mentorship, identification of new opportunities and development of security solutions.
* 10+ years in IT with a minimum of 5 years of demonstrated experience in providing detailed technical architecture expertise on Security Solutions within large corporate environments with a focus on solution implementation.
* Valid Secret or Top Secret Security Clearance issued by a Government of Canada agency.
* Strong business acumen and ability to work with product management to develop new security offerings
* Experience in providing technical architecture and integration expertise on Security Solutions within large corporate environments with a focus on solution implementation.
* Experience in providing detailed technical architecture and integration expertise with major Vendor solutions i.e. Cisco, HP, McAfee, RSA, Juniper, Fortinet, Citrix, CA, Oracle, VMware, etc.
* Ability to manage complex deliveries or programs from a pre sales and delivery perspective.
* Excellent writing, presentation and communication skills in English.
* Able to communicate technical points to others at the technical, user and management levels.
* Strong Project methodology and ability to work closely with project managers.
* Superb customer relations and the ability to interact with customers at all levels.
* Ability to gain management support and work effectively at all levels across the organization and across department
* Team oriented, with extensive experience in working in complex technical projects
* Staff management experience
* Autonomous and ability to accept responsibility with minimal supervision
* Willingness to travel occasionally within North America
* Bachelor or specialized college degree in Computer Science, System Engineering or another related IT program.
* Professional designation such as CISSP, CISM, etc.
* Technical certification with major vendors i.e. Cisco, HP, McAfee, RSA, Juniper, Fortinet, Citrix, CA, Oracle, VMware, etc.
* Experience in defining and implementing a Security Solutions roadmap.
* Bilingual: English and French
BCE:WKP #feature *LI-RY
Position Type: Management
Position Level: CP3
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Ottawa
Application Deadline: 04/25/2014
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
Bell has a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunity employer.
Created: Canada, Ontario, Ottawa
We noticed that you are already a member of our Talent Community. Please enter your password to continue.
We noticed that you already started to apply for a job in our system. Please enter your password to continue.
Already a Member
You are already a user of this site. Please sign in.